Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thing 19 (Social Networks)

Facebook is nothing new to me. I first joined it while I was in college. I find it so easy to use to get connected to my friends that I regularly log into facebook every week. It has been a long way for facebook to reach to this point. When I joined, only college students were allowed to join. Now aday every body can join. They added a lot of application on their interface as well. Recently they added Poker and Blackjack. They have tournanments on these games as well. With a facebook account, you don't even need email. I rarely use personal email because I can contact my friends easily using facebook. You can join groups or networks that connect you to that group. I joined John Marshal Senior High, Minnesota State University, Barack Obama, and other friend groups. Libraries can use these Social Network sites to get connected to young adults and this can encourage them to come to libraries more often.

No comments: